Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to Meee!!!


I looked out my bedroom window this morning to see snow! 

I am 25 years old today, it is the first time I am away from home for my birthday, and Rome’s gift to me is light snow. Work was cancelled because the city was anticipating more snow. It was a bonus not waking up early on my special day. I write as I watch the snow from the kitchen window, and I feel happy inside. My host mother just ran out to pick up a dolcetto (a little something sweet) for us to share for my birthday breakfast. This afternoon I hop a 1 ½ hour train ride to Florence to spend my birthday weekend with family…yes, real family…Giannis’s younger sister, Katerina, is studying abroad in Florence for the spring semester. I am so happy we get to be together this weekend. Since I studied abroad in Florence in 2007, I made reservations at my favorite Florentine restaurant for tonight. We are going to have a blast…I can’t wait to see her.

Highlight of My Day: 1. Coming to the realization that getting older is totally underrated.
                                     2. I know there will be many more highlights to come, especially once I get to  
                                         Florence!