Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me...Part 3


So excited to see each other 

A bottle of Chianti 

My morning view while I brushed my teeth 

The Duomo, Florence 

I waited for my boyfriend’s sister, Katerina, in a piazza in Florence and when we saw each other we were hugging, jumping, and laughing all at the same time. We walked around the city for a bit, I was hit with nostalgia from when I studied there, and then we celebrated my birthday at a wine bar. The weekend was filled with giggles, shopping, eating, and seeking refuge from the wicked cold weather.

Highlights of My Weekend: 1. Over the weekend I stayed at the apartment of my sister’s friend’s friend. She lives in the Palazzo of the Antinori family…yes, THE Antinori family whose wine making company traces back to 1385. I literally felt like a princess sleeping in the bed. Everything from the color of the walls, to the decor, to the sheets, to the comforter, to the church bells waking me up the next morning...I felt like I was in a fairy tale. 
                                               2. Katerina and I bought our tickets to go to Venice in two weeks. We will be celebrating Carnevale in Venice!!!